Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ah! Funny story!

I told Justin and Katie this story earlier, and I can't believe I didn't blog about it!

So, a while ago I was at DSW shoe store (if you make one comment along the lines of "You're such a woman," I'll jump through the screen and kick your ass). I was standing in line to make my purchase, and I proceeded to people watch.

A bigger woman was walking towards the doors, not looking where she was going because she was busy texting. (Now, before I proceed to tell the rest of the story, I want to emphasize how clean the windows on the doors were - they were spotless.) Anyways, she seemed to think that these super clean windows were a magical portal to the outside world. So, without stopping or slowing down or fucking anything, she slams into the window. The whole think shook to the point where I was sure it was going to break. She looks up from her texting with an expression similar to a deer's after it gets broadsided by a car, she scoots out the door as quickly as possible, and continues texting.

...I felt so bad, but at the same time, I couldn't stop laughing. It was just like watching an overly-large sparrow flying towards the window and thinking "...He's not going to stop."

3 comments:

aahhtalkingmuffins said...

DSW?! DSW??!! God, Pam! you're such a woman! When you went there, did your balls fall off?

aahhtalkingmuffins said...

I guess that whole "jumping through the screen" comment was just an empty threat.

Monster Librarian said...

Holy shit Pam! I laughed so hard when I read this. I love to watch those kinds of plane wrecks about to happen...you sometimes have the time to say, "WAIT!," or "LOOK OUT!" But, it is more fun to let them learn their lessons! Ha ha ha...

I forgot you told me you had a blog. YEAH! Looking forward to reading it sista!