Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My wish.

Life moves at a pace that is simply unfathomable right now. Let me put it this way - I'm so tired that by 8 o'clock at night, I don't feel tired anymore. Which causes me to stay awake longer than I really should. Which results in complete exhaustion the following day.

And the cycle continues day in and day out.

It's not that anything is particularly bad right now. My main complaint is the lack of time spent with friends, particularly the lack of much needed Pam-Tim time. Other than that, life is good. I just need a day where I can drink some cranberry apple tea, read some Emerson, curl up under a heated blanket, and sleep for as long as my little heart desires. Ah, what a magical and splendid day that would be.

Justin and I went to check out the poetry reading on campus today - it was Albert Goldbarth. He was phenomenal. A bit risque, too - I thought for sure that the gathering of old women would get up and storm out after the 5th time he said "fuck," or the 50th time he said "bra." If they left, they would have really missed out. If done right, poetry readings are the most amazing and tranquil of events. You go into a room, sit down, and listen to language. You don't even have to fully comprehend everything that's going on in the poem - you can just listen to the words. I love it.

Anyways, I'm off to finish reading The Plague. Joy!

2 comments:

Gee_Dogg_24 said...

Oh! nice... That would have been great to go to a poetry reading. I think risque poets are the best!...

I agree with you about the Life Pace. It has been crazy lately...

by the way...
How is the cranberry apple tea..?

Monster Librarian said...

It's when people start screaming, "Fucking bras!" that the old people get riled up. ;)