Saturday, November 1, 2008

Daily

So, here are some fun lil' daily updates.

In a single shift at Caribou, I discovered the full spectrum of human kindness - from the one end consisting of kindness to the opposite where the bitches from the depths of hell reside. One guy brought the Bou staff some super yummy cinnamon rolls. Another guy decided to compliment my "beautiful blue eyes" while I was fixing up his latte (and no, he wasn't hitting on me)....Then I had a woman who I have never met before roll her eyes and tell me that I should know her drink even though I have never met her, and she refused to tell me what her drink consisted of. This same woman was at least in her 60s, and she tanned so much that she looked like her face was going to melt off. Yucko.

I'm telling you, if you want to learn what humanity really consists of, work a few morning shifts a week at the Bou. Forget classes on psychology - just deny people their turtle mochas and watch their eyes start twitching.

My mom and I spent some good ol' quality time together today, which just about never happens. We had a lot of errands to run to finish preparing for Matt and Jen's wedding in a week. It was great - dinner at Pei Wei, running to a couple of Hallmarks...I've been deprived of time with my mom ever since Julia became prego the momma fish and Matt's wedding date was set. I didn't even realize how much it affected me until today. It was bittersweet, really.

A while ago, Manda, Chris and I got together and watched "The Hills Have Eyes" together. I'm telling you, that movie scared the bejesus out of me the first time I saw it, and after watching it this time, I was still terrified. But you know, the scary parts were definitely minimized when everytime something happened, Manda screamed and her dog started hopping around barking. Needless to say, I hope we watch more freaky movies soon. :)

Tim and I went to Tillson street in Romeo on Thursday. All the houses on that street decorate every inch of their property with various Halloween themes. One house actually had a full pirate ship, complete with pirate skeletons and everything (and yes, he made the ship himself). It was a nice little date - it was kind of like walking through a downtown area when all the Christmas lights are up, just a bit more twisted. At one point, when Tim and I were playfully bickering, I went to go and kick him in the side...the only problem was that we were still holding hands, so I ended up kicking myself in the hand. Yeah. Tim won't let me live that one down.

...Yeah, that's all for now.

1 comment:

Monster Librarian said...

I love that "YUCKO!" made it into one of your blogs! Taking over the world one person at a time!