Friday, August 29, 2008

Political rantings

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1837510,00.html/time/politics/article/0,8599,1837492,00.html

Yeah. That pretty much sealed the deal in terms of who I'm voting for. And I thought it was going to have to think about this more..

The first thing that infuriated me about this article in particular is the statement about how "she's pro-life in practice as well as in theory" because she gave birth to her fifth child, knowing that he would have Down Syndrome. Well, that's great - I'm glad that she chose life. But, the "problem" here is this - a happily married woman with a family of four (who is INSANELY wealthy) is really not in a terrible position in which she has to face the choice of having an abortion or not...

She's only been governor a month longer than Obama has been running for President....And McCain was attacking Obama for lack of experience? If McCain gets elected, he will be the oldest President to be inaugurated. Pardon me for being so frank, but he croaks while in office (which is a damn good possibility at his age), she's going to be the President.

I could go into much more fury, but I'll simply end on a "No thank you."

No comments: