Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Too bad it's not just checkers

I've been sitting around all day today. On the one hand, it hasn't exactly been the most fun - food poisoning never is. On the other hand, I had the opportunity to thoroughly enjoy the silence of my house, which is as rare an occurrence as seeing a unicorn with a top hat, tap dancing to "Putting on the Ritz." So, so nice.

Had a fun couple of shockers today, none of which I can get into all that much...but, the point is, the game of life in the Hester household has officially gone from a strategic, "learn as you play" type to a more aggressive, 500 mile an hour Mario Kart-esque track in which we get knocked off our asses with a random green shell far too often. It's been a change a few months in the making now, and I can't say I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

It's weird when you hit that point in your life where you have to separate yourself from your family and move at your own pace in your own direction. It's not like I'm going to completely abandon my family by any means, but this is essentially the moment I've been waiting for since I was twelve. I can move out within the next six months, I'm as financially stable as a college student can be, I'm graduating in a year or so, I've got a stable boyfriend and a plethora of amazing friends...and yet I'm semi-freaking the fuck out.

Bizarre. I think my inner-child is slightly upset with me on that one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so...is this the next level up from livejournal? because, to be quite honest, I'm a little behind on the latest trends. I like it, either way, it's pretty swanky.

Pam said...

Yes. I'm a fan. :o)