Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sappy moment

You know, today was an amazing day.

It started off at 9 am with PK and I fixing up my car. The whole exhaust system needed to be replaced, and it was an all day process. Well, almost all day - 9-4ish. But now my car purrs like a kitten. I'm a fan. So, a double "woot" goes to PK and his freakin' sweet car skills, as well as being just an awesome friend.

Then, I went home...and my dad said he needed to talk to me. An instant "eek" raced through my brain. It started off as a conversation about Matt (my older brother) and how he graduated with a certification after 6 years, and how he was covered under the insurance because of his continuing education...so, I thought the conversation was going to turn into "We need you to find your own insurance soon."

No. It turned into "So, mom and I have talked about it, and we decided that we want to pay for the first year of your grad school, books and everything."...My mouth literally dropped open. I started to cry. I've never been so overwhelmed or so grateful for anything my entire life...I can actually be a professor! It's not going to be impossible!!

I'm stoked. Stoked is an understatement.

I feel like this is a bizarre answer to my prayers, because I kept telling God that I was feeling trapped and I felt like I couldn't see any sort of path out of the whole convoluted mess that's been made over the past three or four months. I've never really felt like God directly answered prayers in this way...but it's definitely feeling as if this is some sort of blessing/break that he fully intended on sending my way.

Afterwards, I went to see Tim, taking him a bowl of some homemade venison stew...you know, lately it's been pretty crazy because of how much he works and how much my schedule varies. But, even if I get to spend just an hour with him, I feel like I can stay sane. It's amazing how much I miss him when I have to go a long time without seeing him...but, at the same time, it's amazing how I'm totally comfortable just doing my own thing and being myself, even if we can't be together as much as we'd like.

...It's been an awesome, awesome day.

1 comment:

aahhtalkingmuffins said...

I am occasionally reading it and just commenting, but it lets me comment with my LJ username.